Thursday 17 March 2016

Books, Fizz and Cake - Spring Bloggers Evening

Photo courtesy of @TeamBATC



Last night I had the pleasure of attending the Spring Blogger Evening at Books and The City in London. These events, led by the irrepressible whirlwind Sara-Jade Virtue, (I love this woman!) never fail to disappoint and last night was no exception.

We had the pleasure of meeting fabulous authors Juliet Ashton, Holly Hepburn (both of whom I adore and I'm lucky enough to have met before), Paige Toon (serious fan-girl moment!) and lovely debut authors Penny Parkes and Georgia Clark. They all read excerpts from their new novels, and OH MY GOD we got VIP proofs in our generous goody bags - I know! I love these events!

There was fizz, cheese straws and gorgeous cupcakes specially commissioned from Crumbs and Doilies, and chat about plot twists - quite tricky to do without spoilers! - with conniving cousins, tricky triplets, dishy doctors and bashful blacksmiths. Watch this space for reviews of these exciting new books - I just don't know which one to start with!

It was a great chance to catch up with great friends and meet online friends IRL. Writers and bloggers form such a sociable, friendly community. And they say being a writer is lonely - not a chance with this bunch!

Thanks again for a fabulous evening! Hopefully one day I will be one of those authors!


Me (centre) with blogger/author Annette (left) and Editor of fabulous books Clare (right)


Me again (left) with Author & heat Magazine's Book Reviews EditorIsabelle (right)


2 comments: